Complaints and Advocacy

Know Your Rights

Every client receiving aged care services has the right to the best supports available and the best possible service from service providers. If you are not completely satisfied with the services you have been provided by a particular service provider, you can lodge a complaint or find out more about your rights.

Disability Complaints
The Commonwealth Ombudsman receives complaints about disability services under the Act. Complaints can be made:
– Phone: 1300 362 072 OR online at Disability Services Complaints

Aged Care Complaints

The Aged Care Complaints Commissioner receives complaints about aged care services under the Act. Complaints can be made at Aged Care Complaints Scheme, via phone on 1800 550 552 or in writing to: Aged Care Complaints Commissioner, GPO Box 9848 Sydney NSW.

Policy and Procedure

GoCo is an business arm of Gunnedah Shire Council and is governed by strict policy and procedures relating to complaints management and privacy.  A copy of these documents can be found here:Gunnedah Shire Council Complaints Handling

Advocacy Agencies

The Aged Care Rights Service
Phone: 1800 424 079

Newell Advocacy Inc (for all people residing in Narrabri and Moree Shires)
1/63 Maitland Street Narrabri NSW 2390
Phone: 02 6792 3195